Maximum Level of Loan Amount and Life-time Loan Limit
- If applicants apply for the NLSPS loans only, i.e. have not applied for / have failed to obtain any financial assistance under the FASP, the maximum amount of loan you may receive under the NLSPS is the annual tuition fees payable for the course under application.
- The combined life-time loan limit under the NLSPS and the Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Full-time Tertiary Students (NLSFT) for the 2023/24 academic year is HK$398,300.
Interest and Administrative Fee
- The NLSPS operates on a full-cost recovery basis. Please refer to the SFO’s webpage for the prevailing NLSPS interest rate.
- An administrative fee, to cover the full costs of processing and administering the NLSPS loan, is chargeable for each application and each loan account upon submission of application and annually thereafter until the NLSPS loan and the interest accrued thereon are fully repaid. Administrative fee will be charged on each loan account on an academic year basis.
- The administrative fee payable in the 2023/24 academic year for applicants of the NLSPS is HK$180.