- Applicants need to be aged 30 or below;
- Applicants need to be engaged in full-time locally-accredited self-financing post-secondary education programmes at sub-degree (i.e. associate degree or higher diploma) or degree level (please refer to the Course Coding Sheet which lists out the programmes covered under FASP and their course codes);
- Applicants have not accepted financial assistance under any other publicly-funded student finance assistance scheme [(e.g. the Continuing Education Fund (CEF)) for the programme/course covered by the application in the same academic year; and
- Applicants have the right of abode in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (Hong Kong) or have resided or have had their homes in Hong Kong continuously for three complete years prior to the commencement of the course. This does not cover students holding:-
- student visas/entry permits;
- visas/entry permits under the Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates; or
- dependant visas/entry permits which were issued to them by the Director of Immigration when they were 18 years old or above.
For STS, applicants should reside beyond 10 minutes' walking distance from their normal place of study and require to travel to school by public transport.