To be eligible for consideration for fee reimbursement, the applicant must have completed the CEF reimbursable course in compliance with the CEF regulations, having passed it at the threshold prescribed by the Office of Continuing Education Fund which may not be the same as the University's pass threshold set for the course.
- Effective from 01 April 2019, the enhancement measures of the CEF have applied to all applicants who have new, currently valid and closed accounts.
- Applicants are advised to check the status and balance of their CEF accounts before enrolling in a CEF reimbursement course. A "subsidy calculator" is available on the CEF website to estimate the eligible subsidy.
- The opening balance for new applicants (who have never opened a CEF account) applying for reimbursement for CEF courses which commence on or after 01 April 2019 is HK$20,000.
- The application for fee reimbursement for course(s) which commenced on or after 01 April 2019 must be submitted within one year upon the successful completion of the courses and before reaching the age of 71. Late application will not be accepted.
- Each applicant may submit an unlimited number of reimbursement applications for CEF reimbursable course commenced on or after 01 April 2019 before reaching the age of 71. Each claim may include one or more than one CEF reimbursable course. Each eligible applicant is entitled to a maximum sum of HK$20,000 subsidy in respect of all CEF reimbursement courses pursued.
- Please call 3120-9988 for CEF reimbursable course(s) provided by the LiPACE.
For applicants who have opened CEF accounts before 01 April 2019
- Applicants who have opened a CEF account before 01 April 2019 are also eligible for claiming the additional HK$10,000 subsidy and the unused balance (if any) of the original subsidy of HK$10,000 regardless of whether their accounts were closed in the past. The co-payment ratios by learners (i.e. the percentage of fees to be borne by learners) for the first HK$10,000 subsidy is 20% of the course fee and that for the second HK$10,000 subsidy is 40% of the course fee.
- A “subsidy calculator” is available on the CEF website to facilitate applicants to estimate the eligible subsidy.
- The application for reimbursement of fees for course(s) which commenced before 01 April 2019 must be submitted within the validity period of the CEF learner and before reaching the age 66.
- For CEF reimbursement courses that commenced before 01 April 2019, reimbursement claims will be processed in accordance with the requirements in force before 01 April 2019 (including the subsidy ceiling of HK$10,000, requirement on the maximum number of 4 claims, etc.).