This programme prepares students for a professional qualification in accounting with particular emphasis in PRC and international taxation. Graduates will be eligible for exemptions of three papers from the Certified Tax Adviser (CTA) Qualifying Examination. Graduates can seek employment in taxation discipline either in professional accounting firms, government tax division and related areas.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes (PILO)
1. Explain and critically review business theories and concepts to identify issues, analyse situations, and develop solutions for multi-faceted problems in organisational settings.
2. Critically evaluate issues and make informed judgements in view of the organisation’s strategies as well as ethical considerations.
3. Make meaningful contributions as a leader and member in a team setting and communicate effectively.
4. Analyse and apply accounting principles and standards to address business organisation issues.
5. Search, organise, assess and analyse data, and clearly convey relevant financial and non-financial information so that decision-makers can formulate informed decisions.
6. Assimilate and synthesise new knowledge in financial reporting, auditing and taxation, and be able to provide critical analysis of the fields.