Library Users can return their loaned items to the Service Counter or the book return box located at the Library entrance. Loan records of the Library materials returned to the book return box will be updated on the next library opening day. Items with disks, interlibrary loan items, materials from Reserve Collection, in-house use items, and library equipment have to be returned to the Service Counter.
Overdue and Losses
- Borrowers are responsible for returning their loans on or before the due date. Late return of Library materials is subject to an overdue fine and the amount of which is specified in the Library Regulations.
- There is a grace period of 3 days on normal loans and recalled loans, i.e. no penalty will be imposed if items are returned within the grace period. If items are returned after the expiration of the grace period, fines would be calculated from the original due date.
- For lost or damaged items, borrowers are liable for the cost of replacement plus the shipping and/or processing fees. Any loss or damage to loan item should be reported to the Library Service Counters in person, email to email@example.com or return the signed hardcopy of “Report Lost/Damaged Library material/Notebook Computer” to Service Counter as soon as discovered.
- Borrowers can settle their overdue fines or replacement and handling costs for lost item by e-payment in person at two Services Counters or send in a cheque payable to “Hong Kong Metropolitan University”, with your name and HKMU ID number written on the back of the cheque and send to the Library, Hong Kong Metropolitan University, Main Campus, 30 Good Shepherd Street, Ho Man Tin, Kowloon.
All loaned items of the General Collection can be renewed anytime until the maximum loan period is reached. No renewal will be allowed if the item has been requested by another borrower. Borrowers may renew their loans at the Service Counter or online via the Electronic Library under their own borrower records.
Library materials cannot be renewed if:
- Maximum loan period has been reached OR
- Items are being reserved by other users OR
- Your borrowing right is being suspended.
Making hold requests on Library Materials and recalls
- Materials that can be placed hold via the Electronic Library are General Collection books and their accompanying items (SPM) when all the title’s available copies are checked out or reserved by another user. A hold request has to be made in person for all other reserve materials (except SPM) at the Service Counter.
- All loaned items are subject to recall. Once an item is recalled, the borrower is required to return the recalled item in 14 days or by the due date, whichever comes earlier. Borrowers will receive email notices if their borrowed items are recalled.
Current Staff/Students can receive the following Library notices timely through their personal HKMU email account. Students can also receive the notifications via the HKMU Student Mobile App.
i. Pre-overdue reminders
ii. Overdue notices
iii. Book reservation notices
iv. Recall notices
Current Staff/Students can receive the following Library notices timely through their personal HKMU email account:
i. Library Service Updates (LSU) – the latest issue
ii. Library workshops and other announcements