This service is available to HKMU staff who are stationing in LiPACE and NEO offices.
The service handles requests for items that are held in the Library General Collection.
The service is free of charge.
- Go to LibSearch in the E-Library to check whether the requested items (for General Collection items only) are available for loan;
- Send a request email to the Library’s Circulation Section (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide the following details of the items:
- Requestor’s name and Staff ID
- Title, call number, author, publication year of the requested items
5. How long does it take?
For items available on shelf, the Library will retrieve them within 3 days or make reservation for the requestor if they are checked out to other users.
6. How to collect the requested items?
Once the items are located, the Library will arrange the internal mail service with FMO and inform the requestor via email.
7. How to return the items?
- The requestor can return the items in person or arrange the internal mail service with FMO directly to return the items to Library.
- The requestor should aware that the items might take a few delivery days from remote site to the Library. Therefore, the borrower should make sure that the items will arrive the Library on or before the due date. Renewals could be made online by logging into the Borrower Record. Late return of library items is subject to an overdue fine.
- The requestor should inform the Library of the delivery arrangement via email (email@example.com) in advance.
8. Will I be informed if the Library receives my returned items if I return them via the internal mail service?
The Library will email the requestor to acknowledge receipt of the returned items and update the borrower’s record in the Library System.