Discovering Bloomberg for your study
Bloomberg is an integrated platform which provides financial and economic data. It provides information on equities, indices, bonds, funds, commodity, currency, economic indicators, mortgage back securities, money market instruments and the relevant derivatives market such as forwards, futures, options and swaps.
Ms. Michelle Lai,
Equity Analyst, Bloomberg
- Basic search for securities issued by a company (e.g. stocks, bond, futures, etc);
- Basic Commodities;
- Basic FX;
- Basic Download to Excel using built-in Wizard.
24 Mar 2022 (Thu)
4 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Your Next Big Idea: Using Web of Science to kick off your research
Web of Science is a citation database. The Library subscibed to Arts & Humanities Citation Index, Science Citation Index Expanded, Social Science Citation Index and Emerging Sources Citation Index, which provide reference information to your researches.
Solution Consultant, Clarivate
- What is Web of Science and why use it?
- Finding what is essential to your research;
- Identifying the most recent and influential papers in the field;
- Identifying key opinion leaders in the field;
- Using the power of citations to establish links between publications and subjects;
- Finding the relevant journals and conferences to present your research.
5 May 2022 (Thu)
3 p.m. – 4 p.m.