Course Re-registration

Distance Learning Students Course Enrolment   Course Re-registration  

Course Re-registration for Continuing Students

Continuing students can re-register courses before the start of a term in order to continue studies. Follow these steps below to complete your re-registration.

Course Re-registration Period

2023 Spring Term: 
1 November to 13 December 2022

For other terms, usually Autumn term re-registration period will begin in mid-June, and Summer term re-registration period will begin in late-March. Please check website for updates.

Enrolment Procedures

Step 1: Select your programme
(if you currently do not have a programme or you would like to change your programme)

A list of available part-time distance learning programmes can be found on this link.

Step 2: Select courses under your programme

You should check your programme regulations to ensure the courses you wish to select in a term will be counted towards the award as fulfilling the graduation requirement.

A list of available part-time distance learning courses can be found on this link. You are also encouraged to check the course presentation schedule and offering term to plan your studies.

Step 3: Prepare supporting documents

If you are applying to/changing to a programme with entry requirements, you will be required to upload supporting documents to demonstrate you have met the entry requirements of the programme. Please refer to the programme information website of your selected programme for the entry requirements.

Step 4: Start your application

Applications and registrations will normally be processed on a rolling basis. Once the quota is exhausted, further applications will not be accepted. 

To comply with the requirements of the HKSAR Government’s Office of the CEF, the University will not offer any tuition fee discounts or reduction to students applying for ‘CEF reimbursable courses’.

The University does not forbid its students to study in another institution at the same time (except for non-local applicants whose student visa is sponsored by the University). However, you should check with your current institution if it has any restriction on ‘double registration’.

Persons living overseas are welcome to pursue studies at the University through distance learning.  

The University reserves the right to make any necessary changes or cancel a programme/course/class if there is an insufficient number of enrollments. In every case, the University will make every effort to minimize the inconvenience caused and will give notice to the affected students of any such changes as early as possible.

Step 5: Application link

For continuing/current students, please login to MyHKMU to begin your course registration. Go to MyHKMU > click “your programme” link > under “Classes & Enrolment” > Enrolment > e-Registration (see user guide here).