Bachelor of Business Administration with Honours in Real Estate and Facilities Management
MODE OF STUDY
4-YEAR (YEAR-1 ENTRY)
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The proposed programme is designed to provide high quality education in theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in various aspects of real estate and facilities management for those who wish to pursue their careers in the profession of real estate administrators or facilities manager.
PROGRAMME INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES (PILO)
- Explain and critically review business theories and concepts to identify issues, analyse situations, and develop solutions for multi-faceted problems in organisational settings.
- Critically evaluate issues and make informed judgements in view of the organisation’s strategies as well as ethical considerations.
- Make meaningful contributions as a leader and member in a team setting and communicate effectively.
- Command knowledge of the practices and activities of key aspects of real estate and facilities management.
- Integrate and apply advanced analytical skills to address issues and make business decisions related to operations and planning in real estate and facilities management.
- Assimilate and synthesise new knowledge in real estate and facilities management, apply it to solve problems, and develop practical recommendations.
Students shall have attained in the HKDSE either
OR An equivalent qualification
It is compulsory for students to complete the Global Immersion Programme.
* Courses carry-over from the Autumn Term
# Purpose-Designed General Education Courses:
Students should take General Education courses from fields of study which are different from those of their programmes.
The programme has 160 credits. Students must successfully complete the following requirements within these 160 credits:
- 70 credits of core courses;
- 15 credits of prescribed courses;
- 55 credits of concentration core courses;
- 20 credits of purpose-designed General Education (GE) courses.
UNDERGRADUATE GLOBAL IMMERSION PROGRAMME
Being able to work effectively with foreigners and foreign organizations has become a very important contributor to career success in the internationalized economy. The Undergraduate Global Immersion Programmes (UG-GIP) is designed to support B&A students in developing their potential in the internationalized environment. UG-GIP aims to instill in students a deeper understanding of a foreign culture and its society and environment, and expose students to a broader overview and understanding of international business.
UG-GIP comprises of four non-credit bearing courses: BUS B081F (Year 1), BUS B082F (Year 2), BUS B083F (Year 3)*, and BUS B084F (Year 4). These courses are designed to enhance students’ intercultural awareness and communication skills and help students to develop a global mindset. Details can be found here.
*BUS B083F includes a study tour. Students are responsible for incidental expenses such as airfare and accommodation.
The integrated curriculum in the junior years of study of our full-time undergraduate programmes exposes students to various aspects of business education. In addition to learning in classroom setting, the School offers an engaging learning experience to students through a variety of teaching and learning activities.
The School provides students with ample opportunities to participate in a wide range of student activities with the objective to enrich their knowledge, develop and improve their personal skills and thus, granting them a distinct competitive edge in the ever-changing business world.
Highlights of Student Activities