Course Coordinator: To be announced
This course explores and analyses the sports and fitness environments as well as the associated work roles. It offers students the knowledge and skills to improve their awareness of professional issues and their effectiveness in the workplace, thereby enhancing their own sports and fitness roles.
The course covers the following topics:
- Learning in sports and fitness environments
- Developing and maintaining motivation
- Communicating effectively
- Leading people and teams
- Understanding and enhancing learning and instruction
- Sports and fitness customers
There will be eight two-hour tutorials and eight three-hour workshops.
There are four assignments and one examination. Students must use word processing software (such as Microsoft Word) to prepare the assignments, and submit the assignments via the Online Learning Environment (OLE).
An online course reader is provided.