Course Coordinator: Dr Liu Kam Pui, BSc(Hons) (HKU); MBA (Surrey); DBA (Macquarie); FSTLA; CMILT
Course Developers: Dr Liu Kam-pui, HKMU; Jacky Hau, HKMU
You are advised to have already studied MKT B371 or SCM B371.
This course aims to provide learners with fundamental knowledge of supply chain management. It introduces the basic skills in the management of suppliers, building responsive supply chains and the development of supply chain strategies for sustainability. It also explains the uses of essential tools for coordination and collaboration among supply chain members and the underlying methodologies to deal with the needs for time-based competition and improved business relationships.
The course covers the following topics:
- Role and contribution of supply chain management
- Role of supply chain management in different sectors
- Relationships: customer service and the importance of the ultimate customer
- Relationships: upstream relationships between organizations
- Relationships: structuring a portfolio of relationships
- Relationships: downstream relationships with distributors and other intermediaries
- Processes: strategies to reduce time in supply chain management
- Processes: strategies to reduce costs in supply chain management
- Resources: stakeholders and their culture
- Resources: information and knowledge
There will be eight three-hour tutorials.
There are three assignments and one examination. Students must use word processing software (such as Microsoft Word) to prepare the assignments, and submit the assignments via the Online Learning Environment (OLE).
A custom textbook will be provided.