Course Coordinator: To be announced
Course Developers: Dr Soo May Cheng, Consultant; Dr Lenis Cheung, HKMU, and Dr Ngai Keung Chow, Consultant
This course aims to solidify learners’ awareness and understanding of the contemporary economic and business trends and issues around the world. Furthermore, the course is designed to hone learners’ skills in evaluating and analysing controversies that they may face in the workplace.
The course covers the following topics:
- The dynamic global business environment and its implications on firms’ competitiveness
- Corporate social responsibility and business ethics
- International human resources and talent management
- The impact of cultural diversity on global corporations and its implications for global managers
- The latest trends and challenges in global business
There will be six two-hour tutorials.
There are two assignments and one compulsory oral presentation. Students must use word processing software (such as Microsoft Word) to prepare the assignments, and submit the assignments via the Online Learning Environment (OLE).
There are no set books for this course. Reference and online materials will be provided.