Course Coordinator: Hung Tak Hung, MBA (Strathclyde, UK); PGDip (HKU)
Course Developer: Dr Rebecca Lau, HKMU
This course aims to provide learners with knowledge of the characteristics of the Asia-Pacific region. It also aims to help learners develop their knowledge of the business systems, human resource management practices, and marketing management practices in the Asia-Pacific region. Finally, the course aims to enable them to identify and analyse the future prospect of, as well as the challenges and opportunities faced by, the Asia-Pacific region.
The course covers the following topics:
- Globalization and integration of the Asia-Pacific region
- Asia-Pacific business systems and organizational structures
- Labour force and human resource management in the Asia-Pacific region
- Customers and marketing management in the Asia-Pacific region
- Challenges and future prospects of the Asia-Pacific region
There will be six two-hour tutorials.
There are two assignments and one examination. Students must use word processing software (such as Microsoft Word) to prepare the assignments, and submit the assignments via the Online Learning Environment (OLE).
No textbook – reference and online materials will be provided.