Digital Futures

Home Admissions Course Information Digital Futures

DB B873F

More information: Course Guide
Digital Futures

DB B873F

More information: Course Guide

Digital Futures

Course Start Date
N/A
Course Level
N/A
Length in Terms
N/A
Credits
N/A
Language
N/A
Fees ($) (including lab fees)
N/A
Future Terms
Quota and Schedule
Course Start Date
Course LevelLength in TermsCredits
Language
Fees ($) (including lab fees)
Future Terms
N/A
N/AN/AN/A
N/A
N/A

Course Coordinator: Lau Kin Wai, BA (CityU); PhD (CityU); EHKIM

Aims
The course aims to provide students with the skills and knowledge to oversee the e-commerce operation from a holistic business administrative perspective.

Contents
The course covers the following topics:

  • Digital economy ecosystem
  • Future of work
  • New payment systems
  • Data protection and cybersecurity
  • Generation of innovative ideas and development of innovation strategy
  • Emerging technologies: IoT, cloud computing, artificial intelligence, machine learning, blockchain

Contact hours
Normally six hours per week

Assessment
The continuous assessment portion of the course accounts for 60% of the total course score, while the final examination accounts for the remaining 40%. The continuous assessment consists of one group written assignment (30%), one oral presentation (15%) and class participation (15%). Students are required to submit assignments via the Online Learning Environment (OLE).

Set book(s)
There are no set books for this course.