The Student-initiated Activity Fund encourages and facilitates not-for-profit, small or informal student groups of not less than 5 FTUG students to initiate project ideas that related to one of the followings:
- Enhancing the campus community engagement;
- Instilling positive energy to the campus community;
- Nurturing youth values (e.g. positivity, resilience, growth mindset, can-do spirits & de-stressing)
Eligibility: All full time undergraduate students
Level of support:
- Up to $5,000 for each project, subject to the activity scale and number of beneficiaries, a higher subsidy level may be considered case by case;
- Normally, most of the activity expenses will be funded such as program or registration fee, equipment, promotion, printing and program materials, except food and beverage and valuable items like electronic appliances;
- Food and beverage will be funded on rare occasions like serving food for honorable guests and materials in cooking class. Purchase of materials, hiring coaches/trainers or provision of honorarium to guests should follow the prevailing human resources or procurement procedure of the University. SAO will facilitate the process as appropriate;
- Interested students who wish to explore the feasibility of the project ideas before submitting the application may contact our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment, subject to the activity nature, SAO may facilitate the project implementation by providing logistic necessary tangible supports such as venues and publicity.
Quota: 10 projects
Assessment Method: The selection panel will assess the proposal based on feasibility, interest and applicability.
- The proposed idea should achieve at least one objective stated above;
- The applicant should be the PIC and the contact person of the project;
- All the members of the group should be active FTUG students;
- The activity should be non-profit making;
- To facilitate the applications from student groups with different event start dates, three windows will be opened as follows.
|Round||Application Deadline||For Activity Period of|
|First Round||30 June 2021||10 July to 31 September 2021|
|Second Round||31 August 2021||1 October to 31 December 2021|
|Third Round||14 November 2021||1 January to 31 May 2022|
Project completion report:
- Applicant is required to submit the Project Completion Report Form one month upon the completion of event.
Interested students can submit the application via the online platform by the deadline.
Please click Here for the guideline and the template of the Online Application Form. Applicants may refer to the template for the contents required for the online application.