Non-local Mentorship Scheme aims to recruit a group of student leaders as Non-local Mentors (NLM) to support newly-arrived full-time undergraduate non-local students in adaptation to life in Hong Kong and the HKMU.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Organize self-initiated activities, assist in SAO activities and provide support to newly-arrived non-local students to adapt the living in Hong Kong and studying in the HKMU;
- Facilitate integration and inclusion between local and non-local students in campus;
- Promote Cantonese and Hong Kong Culture to non-local students; and
- Encourage non-local students’ involvement and participation in SAO’s and other Schools’/ Units’ activities for enhancing students’ sense of belonging to the University and personal growth.
Intended Learning Outcomes
After completion of the Scheme, NLM will be able to:
- Identify their own strengths and weaknesses;
- Plan and organize activities effectively and efficiently;
- Build collaborative teams;
- Enhance their effective communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Embrace different cultures of students from different origins.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Be an active full-time undergraduate student in AY2021/22;
- Be enthusiastic, self-motivated and responsible;
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills in English, Cantonese and Putonghua; and
Get 2.50 or above cGPA.