Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Registry Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)  

The award certificate is an official document and has to bear the title of the University as of the conferment date of the award.  Thus, it is not possible to re-issue an award certificate bearing the new University title for past awards.  However, graduates can apply for a Personalized Certification for University retitling which will include graduate’s name and award. A fee of $150 per copy will be charged.

  • Graduates with OLI and/or OUHK certificates issued before 1 September 2021 can login MyHKMU to download the digital version of Generic Certification and to submit online application for Personalized Certification.
  • Current students may download the Generic Certification through MyHKMU.

The Generic Certification is free of charge and there is a fee of HK$150 per copy for the Personalized Certification.

Yes. There is a charge of $150 per copy.  Please indicate the required number of copies in your application.

No. You can apply for the Personalized Certification for both awards together within one of the application periods. Please note that a fee of $150 will be applicable for each award.

Normal processing time is 10 working days upon receipt of the application and the online payment.

You can submit the application via MyHKMU and pay the related handling fee through credit card/UnionPay/Faster Payment System/WeChat Pay/AliPay. If you want the University to mail the Personalized Certification to you in UK, please contact the Graduation team to find out the required postage and pay the related fee.

In the application system, you can choose to receive the Certification via “Cash on delivery of SF express”; or you may authorize a representative in Hong Kong to collect the Certification.

Yes. In the application system, you can choose to receive the Certification via “Cash on delivery of SF express”.

Yes. The authorized person needs to present the following documents when collecting the Certification:

  • A duly signed Authorization letter stating the HKID Card/Passport No. of the authorized person;
  • A copy of your student ID/the form of ID you have registered with the University; and
  • HKID/Passport of the authorized person.