Please ensure that the signal reception of your mobile devices is satisfactory while you are making an online payment. Please phone hall management on 3120 2413 if you are unsure whether your booking has been successful.
Those who wish to use the sports facilities are kindly requested to adhere to the following precautionary public-health measures:
- Anyone with a temperature higher than 37.5°C at the mandatory body-temperature check at the entrance will be prohibited from entering the facilities and asked to visit a medical professional.
- Those who have symptoms consistent with a respiratory tract infection, such as coughing and a runny nose, or those feeling unwell, are politely requested to be courteous to others by refraining from using the sports facilities.
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory upon entering the sports halls or when walking around the sports halls before/after exercise.
- Users returning to Hong Kong (including any who have travelled to mainland China and Macau) must avoid using the sports facilities and adhere to the required minimum 14-day self-quarantine after their return date.
- No sports equipment will be on loan during this period.
- Users are strongly advised to not gather in groups of more than 4 persons, and should as much as possible maintain an appropriate physical distance (1.5 m or more) from one another.
- To comply with the requirements of the Prevention and Control of Disease (Requirements and Directions) (Business and Premises) Regulation (Cap. 599F), users are required to scan the “LeaveHomeSafe” QR code or register their name, contact number, and the date and time of their visit before entering the sports halls, to enable contact tracing if there is a confirmed case of SAR-CoV-2 infection on campus.
- Venue management staff will be able to assist users in scanning the “LeaveHomeSafe” QR code or registering their personal information during the 5 minutes before or the 10 minutes after their booked session. Users who arrive 10 minutes after their booked session will not be allowed to enter the sports halls.
- The University may request users who do not follow any of the above precautionary measures to leave the sports halls immediately.
A) Booking Procedures (For Staff/Students)
- Users may make hall bookings via the Online Booking System for Amenities (OBSA) from 16 January 2019 onwards. Users should use their myHKMU account to log in.
- Please refer to the user guide on the front page of the OBSA for step-by-step booking instructions.
- Hall fees can be paid online by credit card or at the Shroff by cash. The location and office hours of the Shroff are as follows:
- Location: Room A0317, 3/F, Cheng Yu Tung Building, Main Campus
- Operating Hours: Monday to Friday: 9:00 am to 5:45 pm (closed on Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays)
- Please phone our Facilities Management Services (Hong Yip) on 3120 2413 at least 1 working day in advance for special court setting requests.
C) Rules and Regulations for the Use of the Sports Halls
- Hall users must read all booking procedures and regulations before booking. By confirming the hall booking, users agree to follow all regulations in relation to booking/using the sports halls.
- To conserve energy, air-conditioning in the sports halls will be arranged according to bookings. Air-conditioning will be arranged in advance for booked sessions as per the booking record at 5:00 pm on the previous working day. Please call 3120 2413 during office hours if you need assistance.
- Each user may reserve a maximum of 2 court hours per week in each sports hall and no more than 2 hours per day.
- The number of guests shall not exceed half of the total number of users in a given booking.
- Confirmed bookings are not cancellable or transferable, and paid fees are not refundable.
- Users should keep a copy of their booking confirmation (the PDF file in the confirmation email) and bring it, and their student/staff card, for verification purposes when using the sports halls.
- For safety reasons, the maximum number of players allowed on each type of court is as follows:
- basketball court (6 players/half court, 12 players /full court);
- volleyball court (12 players /court);
- badminton court (4 players /court); and
- table-tennis court (4 players /court)
- Users shall not conduct any non-designated/approved activities in the sports halls except. Please contact the Finance and Facilities Management Office, Facilities Management Unit (FMU), for approval of non-designated activities.
- When using changing rooms:
- please respect others’ personal privacy and refrain from taking pictures or recording videos in the changing rooms;
- note that lockers are only for hall users, and unauthorised use is strictly prohibited;
- please do not store any valuables in lockers;
- please bring your own padlock for a locker; and
- remove your padlock immediately after you have finished using a locker.
FMU will remove all remaining padlocks and empty the lockers at sports halls’ closing times. Any items found in the lockers will be treated as lost items and handled according to HKMU policy. HKMU is not liable for any loss or damages (including padlocks) in connection to the use of lockers.
- Please refrain from bringing food into the sports halls.
- Guests must be accompanied by users throughout their stay in the sports halls. Users will be responsible for the conduct and behaviour of their guests.
- Please wear non-marking rubber-soled sports shoes and appropriate sportswear when using the sports halls.
- Users are responsible for the security of their personal belongings, which must never be left unattended.
- Users will be held responsible for any damage they cause to the sports halls. All damage must be reported to the security guards immediately. Users should not rearrange or remove sports facilities in the sports halls.
- If users are found to be disturbing other users, they may be prohibited from using the sports halls.
- No private coaching is allowed.
- FMU may refuse any person from using the sports halls if he/she does not comply with the above regulations. In such an event, the booking will be cancelled automatically and the paid fee will be forfeited.
FMU may revise the above regulations and arrangements when necessary.