Course Coordinator: To be announced
You are advised to have studied MGT B240.
This course aims to develop students’ knowledge of the broader context of the challenges facing organizations and how organizations can deploy HRM strategies and action plans to cope with those challenges. It provides students with a specialized understanding of the critical strategic HRM issues.
The course covers the following topics:
- Meanings of strategic human resource management
- Contemporary contexts of strategic human resource management
- Talent management I: Staffing and resourcing
- Talent management II: Employee involvement, engagement and development
- Talent management III: Retention and career progression
- Researching and measuring the impact of HRM activities
- Managing HRM with technologies
- Ethics in HRM: Health and safety
- Ethics in HRM: Equal opportunities & diversity
- International human resource management
There will be eleven two-hour tutorials.
There are three assignments and one examination. Students must use word processing software (such as Microsoft Word) to prepare the assignments, and submit the assignments via the Online Learning Environment (OLE).
A custom textbook will be provided.