Course Coordinator: Kevin Chu, BA (Hons) TESL (CityU of HK); PGCE (HKU); MSSc (CUHK); MSt (Cantab); FRSA; FRSPH
The course aims to provide students with an overview of the current global marketplace and the internationalization process of companies and their operations. It equips students with the knowledge and tools for analysing the international business environment and developing strategies for multinational companies. Furthermore, it introduces students to the challenges and issues emerging from the changing international business environment and their implications for international managers.
The course covers the following topics:
- Globalization and cross-cultural business
- National differences in political and economic environments
- International trade and political economy of trade
- Foreign direct investment and regional economic integration
- International strategy and organization
- Analysing international opportunities and selecting entry modes
- International marketing
- International human resources
There will be ten two-hour tutorials and two two-hour surgeries.
There are nine online quizzes, three assignments and one examination. Students must use word processing software (such as Microsoft Word) to prepare the assignments, and submit the assignments via the Online Learning Environment (OLE).
A custom textbook will be provided.